Thursday, November 15, 2012

Baby Doll Quilts

Posted by Tanya. 
 For Christmas we decided to make one lap quilt for each of my six step siblings and  
to do pillowcases for each of their kids.  I changed my mind on Saturday and decided I was going to do something different for the under 5 crowd of girls.  I looked through our stash and found a couple of fat quarters with no plans and some leftover fabric from other projects and made some simple doll quilts.  I cut up 5 inch squares and made simple tops. 


They are all similar. Three of the four have yellow backs, and the other is white with pink dots.


I tried a no bind method, so not completely straight, and I only ended up with one batting on the outside, (oops).  It was easily repaired.  Richard did a quick echo quilting on them. I was going to try, but the walking foot for my machine doesn't work right.   I think the little girls will enjoy their doll quilts. 

Speaking of little girls.  I won a giveaway from Cristin at Pear Tree Stitching for a wooden teether from Bolamo Design Studio


I think Julia likes it and will put it to good use.


2 comments:

VickiT said...

Cute teether.

Could one of you email me please? I can't locate a way of contacting you anywhere on your blog. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I love your doll quilts, and the little girls will love them, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...