Thursday, September 13, 2012

Look another squirrel....

Today's Post by Richard


My wife teased me a few weeks ago in this post about getting easily distracted and chasing squirrels.  In that post I really did chase a squirrel around but this time I was distracted by new fabric that showed up.  Tanya in the last blog hop won a 20$ shopping spree on http://www.christaquilts.com/.  The other day she was sitting at the computer next to mine (Yes I can't even have one computer I have to have a room full of them, You know computer programmers kinda silly) I was programming my great true love (Oh don't worry I have lots of free time to quilt) working on new features on my TV site http://trackmyshows.com/ and Tanya was pestering me to help her pick what fabric to buy.  I looked over and saw this cute material.  It is a line called Brooklyn Heights Textures by Benartex which is a Kitty Yoshida fabric.  Any way I pointed at it and said yep I like that one.  And I went back to programming.  She pestered me again after finding 4-5 other great things to buy and I said nope I like the other one.

Things like this frustrate my wife.  I looked over for all of 5 seconds.  Made a decision and never looked back (Well she did make me look back that second time, but we won't count that).  So what do you think showed up in the mail tonight.  I asked Tanya if I could cut some Diamonds out of it and she reluctantly said yes.


So I cut out some diamonds.  They were just sitting their all sad in different stacks.  So I guess the least I could do is sew them into some rows.


Well now.  A few rows got done and I figured out that I needed some more diamonds and repeated the process.  By the time Tanya got home from work for lunch (well dinner time for me) I was just putting the last few stitches on the last row.


As you can see what I ended up with in the end is yes another quilt top.  You see I ran out of quilt tops that were basted so I had to make another one.  This on the small end of lap quilt size.  It is bigger then the quilt of the same design I made for my dad which you can read about here.  So ....  Wait I think I see another squirrel, so off I go (to bed, believe it or not I do get a hour or 2 in here or there)


7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great fabric!! And I was thinking 'chevron' as soon as I saw them in the first photo and POOF that is what you did with them. Great quilt!

Gene Black said...

Wow! Y'all got a great dimensional look with those!

Cherie said...

Wow the colours and the dynamic look from the diamonds look so cool!! =D

Paulette said...

Very cool! Love the quilt and the squirrel reference. I've been chasing them too!

Mike Pearson said...

It's absolutely fabulous!

Anonymous said...

That's a great pattern for that fabric design. I like it!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

See, squirrels can be fun. And, we won't count how many computers we have in this house (5 that I'm sure of, not sure if there are others here or not) and there are only 2 of us now. Hubby is a DBA.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...