Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WIP Wednesday # 18 & Kathy's Quilt

Today is going to be a Work In Progress Wednesday.   I will be linking up with Freshly Pieced.  

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Completed Projects: I completed one quilt this week and this is where its being reported.  I have finally finished my sisters quilt.  The quilt is longer and skinnier then I would have liked.  Doing it again I would have put the 5 x 7 blocks in a 7 x 5 position but hind site is that.

In Progress:
I am making 2 quilts that will be like Fire In The Sky (the bright orange quilt for those with slow memory's). This time, one is a Batik in Blue/Yellow the other is what my wife calls 80's fabric (or so my wife describes them.) They will be 5 blocks wide and 6 long, so bigger then Fire In The Sky (I added a Picture of Fire for comparison).



Ready To Quilt:
I am getting behind on quilting my tops I have 4 I think now in the box.  Rebecca (my 14 year old) has a quilt also on the list ready to quilt we just need to get it basted.  It will be her first pieced quilt. With any luck I can help her get it done this week (she is doing all of the work I am just giving guidance).


Ongoing Projects:
I am now interested in making quilts for others if you know any one looking to have a quilt made, send them my way.  I also have a few quilts listed on my etsy shop.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/RichardQuilts.

I have been doing 12 1/2 inch swaps for the last few months and received a few the last week.  I have been meaning to post these for a few days so here they go.



In the 12 1/2 inch group, I also joined in on Fat Quarter Shops Designer Mystery block of the month.  Tonight before I started working on my blue and yellow quilt above, I cut out and sewed together this block it is using the Vintage Modern by Bonnie & Camille by Moda for the blocks.  Because it was the first month, they sent a charm pack (2 1/2 inch pack)  in addition to the material.  It is so cute I had to take a picture.  This is my first Block of the Month where some one provides the pattern and material.  I was impressed with the amount of fabric they sent me.  I have a good size pile left over, so even if I had messed up big time on my block I could have fixed it.  I am going to enjoy this year getting and doing these blocks.



Planned Quilts:
I started writing a list and so has my wife.  With just family quilts I need to make (about 10-12) and the quilts I just want to make because I can I think my list is now near 20 or so of what I want to make.

Totals:
Finished: 1 June, 10 May, 8 April, 10 March, 10 February, 7 January
46 Total for Year wow only 9 more quilts tell I meet my 55 projects and I have to set the bar higher maybe I should go for 100?.

One last note for the day I took these pictures and have been slacking about listing them.


These holiday fabrics I won during the May for Me.  I tied on one of the bingo's and lost the roll for the primary prize.


These cute card's I also recently won.  If I send you a package and I don't include a card, slap my hand I have no good excuse other then I am a man.




June Finishes

linking to 2nd Quarter Finish Party As listed on  My 2nd Quarter todo list

5 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Oh My Gosh! I LOVE those cards, especially the one with the vintage sewing machine (I collect them). How Cute!

Jenniffier said...

What a lovely finish and all those projects too.. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful lot of things going on WIP this week. I LOVE the windblown star block you made!

Rebecca said...

Your sisters quilt is gorgeous!

Elizabeth said...

I love the quilt you did for your sister! The colors are so pretty and I love the quilting! Nicely done! Thank you for linking up!

Also, you always amaze me with everything you have going on! I love that your family is so involved!

xo -E

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...