Saturday, June 23, 2012

Blue and Yellow Batik top finished


While the first of the 2 Color Blast Quilts (My pattern my name in case any one has been wondering about it)  You will notice that Julia was peaking into this picture on the bottom right I though that was so cute.  I was holding the top and my son James took the picture.  That white thing next to my daughters head is a cupcake toy thing that Rebecca my 14 year old made.  She is sewing a second one right now she "Messed" that one up and gave it to Julia and she is making a new one for a baby shower her and Tanya are going to for a lady at church who is Rebecca's Young Women's Leader.  I am going to see if I can get her to either post it here or on her blog to show off.  Some time tonight or Saturday she will be quilting her first baby quilt for Julia.


The picture above and below was taking about 6:30 pm as the sun was starting to set I wanted to get a sun shot before it got dark.  Though I like the look of the lights shinning though from my sewing area on the top picture (another one at the end too).



While out side I got distracted looking at the fruit tree's.  We have a small yard but we have crammed as many tree's in as we could (we have 2 apple, 2 peach, 2 cherry, 1 pear, 1 nectarine, 1 apricot/nectarine mix tree)





And of course the guard cat on the table in the back yard.


One extra last thing for today.  I have been doing a Block swap with Quilting Block Swaps Australia.  They are doing a giveaway from a new sponsor a company named http://www.fabricworm.com/  If you are looking for fabric check them out.  And if your looking to do 12 1/2 inch block swap I belive they still have some spots open I have been doing it for the last 4 months and just love the blocks I have received many of which are posted Here on my blog

8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I have always loved the blue/yellow combination! Very nice.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Colorblast......great name and the quilts are too! Love the colors you chose.......

Gene Black said...

Great quilt Richard. I love that you have gotten the others quilting/sewing too.

Teresa Quilts said...

Love blue and yellow together. You can just send that on to Alabama, Richard. LOL I love it though. You are doing a great job. BTW, do you have a button that I can use on my blog to advertise yours? Would love it if you added mine. Thanks

Doniene said...

Beautiful!!! I've never made a blue and yellow quilt - though I have one in my mind!! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Love your blue and yellow quilt. It came out great! Thanks for the link to the new fabric spot. Hope you get sponsors soon yourself!

Susan said...

Oh my...this quilt is gorgeous...

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt, love the batiks!
Thanks for sharing.
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...