Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ducks Running


My newest Baby Quilt is Ducks Running.  It is another Rag quilt but this one is different from all that I have done in the past.  This one instead of putting batting inside I put a 3rd layer of flannel.  The front has blue squares with yellow ducks on it alternating with a light yellow tie-die with the back having the light yellow tie-die on the full thing with blue in the middle giving the neat yellow and blue fray.




Looking at my Peach Tree today it looks like it is going to  be a good year if it does not freeze.  I have 9 fruit tree's in my yard and just cant wait tell they are ready.


Rebecca planted some pea's a few weeks back and they are now on their way up.


Lastly my cat is guarding one of my newest tree's its a baby pear tree planted this year.  Though you can see my dandelions are growing great this year and the kids are a week behind mowing.


May Finishes

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You really like making these rag quilts! This looks so soft and cuddly.

Cherie said...

The quilt is so cute! Love those little ducks. Fruit trees are great...when the birds don't get to them first =D

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Another neat rag quilt! How cute that your kitty is "guarding" the tree!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I missed that one! Cute. And the peas and peaches look wonderful. A million years ago (or maybe only 30+), we used to drive up to Salt Lake from the Navajo Rez and get cherries and peaches in the summer. Back then, lots of people had trees in their yards and U pick 'em deals.

Elizabeth said...

I know I read this. I am wondering why I didn't comment. It's been a few days since I hopped on over and I love all the changes (especially the new blog title! I'm so glad that Tanya is stepping into the spotlight a bit!)

Cute quilt! I love the colors! Your fabrics are really fun, especially the ducks and the the fray is really cool with the extra layer of flannel (instead of batting, which I'd never heard of before). Great finish! Thanks for linking up!

xo -E

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...