Thursday, March 1, 2012

Winner Announced Leap Day Blog Hop

 OK today has been a long day, we have moved from one office to another at work and during the middle of our move we had a server outage on our live servers.  Busy exhausting day, did not expect to be doing this so late, but better late then never.  With the help of my wife Tanya we identified 12 names that had chances to win the first place prize.  If you notice the list here are those names from the post.  You will see that Irina had 2 entries because she got a 2nd guess for hosting a giveaway but did not name a 2nd quilt so she got 2 guesses on first quilt.

 
I folded up all the papers and put them in a bowl.  I mixed them around and then had my son Jared mix it again and pick one.
Here is the live action shot of Jared grabbing the piece of paper when I was editing the images I noticed how dirty his face was and I want to point out I am a good dad and normally wash his face.  So I went and looked at this mornings picture to verify that yes it was clean.  Then what do I notice his shirt is on backwards.  I check tonight's picture and yes dad dressed Jared funny sorry Tanya is pregnant and dad is taking up the slack and not doing so good.
So finally we get to show the picture.  Drum Roll .... The winner is Elizabeth of Such a Sew And Sew I was so happy to see her as the winner.  She was the host of this great day of giving and it is great that she won.  I will post the choices that the 2 winners gave after I get back answers from both of them.  Oh ya I never said the name of the 2nd place winner that would be a good thing to do.    Connie from Quilting By the River was our 2nd place winner as the only one to like Hearts and Flowers 2.  Congrats Connie.  I will make another post with the exact winnings when I get emails back from both of them.

One last note of the day my son James is having surgery tomorrow at Primary Children's Medical Center to remove a bar that has been in his chest for 3 years to fix a sunken chest that he had causing him to have difficulties when he exercised.  If any of you like minded people could keep him and my family in your prayers I would appreciate it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for James, you bet! I've written him on the list so I don't forget. =) And for his parents, also prayers going up.

Sue Daurio said...

Congrats to the winners and lots of prayers sent your way!

Teresa in Music City said...

I will be praying for James and your family through this Richard. Hugs coming your way!!! It's also not easy helping out when the wife is pregnant. Good for you, and I'm sure you are doing a great job! If you handle your duties at home with the meticulous care you handled the giveaway, your family is very lucky to have you to care for them!

So glad Elizabeth and Connie won!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations to the winners, thank you for hosting and taking part in the Leap Day HOp. And many blessings and prayers for you and your family.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Best wishes for your little man...surgery is never fun....thoughts are with you

Carol D. said...

Congrats to the winners and thanks for the funny post about Daddy's efforts around the house. Especially great considering all you are going through with a son in surgery tomorrow. Prayers for all of you.

Jennie P. said...

Richard, I'll say a prayer for a smooth procedure and speedy recovery :)

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Keeping James and your family in our thoughts and prayers....

Elizabeth said...

I haven't had two seconds to sit down all day. But I'm so excited! And thank you so much to Jared, who drew me as the winner! I really better get that box of holey jeans packed up for his quilt, like I said I would about a hundred-and-fifty years ago. I'll e-mail you in a bit with my choices for prizes. Thanks so much for a crazy, fun giveaway!

And I'll keep James in my prayers.

xo -E

Irina said...

Congratulations to the winners! that was so much fun!
My thoughts will be with you tomorrow, I hope it all goes well!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Praying for James.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...