Saturday, February 11, 2012

I WON, the Wife won more

Today I would like to start out and say "I WON!!" On February 2nd  on this post you can read ffmq-winners  " Prize #4, Fat Quarter Shop $50 Gift Certificate goes to #1, Richard of Richard Quilts" I was so excited and yet so unsure of what to get.   My wife is finally getting more excited about this quilting and I told her to look around and find what she wanted and that she could pick what we got.  She picked this Fat Quarter bundle called Twirl.  My wife is so funny, she spent $120 on this bundle so I ended up paying about $70.  So not only I won, but she won from me.  I took 2 pictures of the bundle one with my cutting blade so you could see how huge this stack is.  We definitely have a little material to make her a quilt.

One good note in this is I was able to get 2 more black prints in this bundle that I chopped up Thursday night for my Rag Quilt that my wife insists I make next.  Something about I need something for myself, before I make something for someone else.  After cutting up the blocks and not sewing x's in the ones she pinned she sat down for the first time and sewed.  Yes my wife has finally caught the bug and turned into a quilter.  YEA!

Besides what my wife sewed, Thursday I spent the night making the first "Swap" Block I have ever made.  I stressed over this a little too much I think.  I have not mailed it yet, going to do that tonight after work. Or during lunch.  I have joined 2 swaps.  One here in the USA and one in Australia  http://quiltingblockswapsaustralia.blogspot.com/  My USA swap will start next month but I was lucky enough to make it into this months swap on the Australia one my first swap I get to do this month.  Any way the last picture of today is my sneak peak for the block I completed.  Off to The Netherlands it will go.  I cant wait to see what shows up for me.

Addition to original post so one more picture. While the last day has been busy while waiting for Friday to pass with my Link A Finish Friday I got a package in the mail.  I was excited to win a new Quilting Book "Loose Change". Which gives many neat ideas to make quilts from Nickels, Dimes, and Fat Quarters.  From what I have read so far its got some great ideas.  I was able to get this book from winning a Giveaway here http://simplifyandquilt.blogspot.com/2012/01/300th-post-giveaway.html I enjoy reading all of the blogs, I now have on my blog list and would suggest if you have never been over to Andra's blog that you stop by and check it out she has made some marvelous quilts.

10 comments:

LesQuilts said...

Congratulation to both of you! Have lots of fun!
Take care, Leslie

Elizabeth said...

That is a beautiful fat quarter bundle! Congrats on a really great win and a fun choice! That book looks really neat, as well.

xo -R

Doniene said...

WTG!!! Have fun!!

Andra Gayle said...

Wow,Richard, I feel famous! Thanks for the great compliment!

Tiffany said...

Isn't it fun to win giveaways?!? Your bundle of fabric looks like fun. How nice you got your wife to sew. My husband sews also, and it's nice to have an activity we can do together! Bonding!!!

Mike Pearson said...

Woo hoo!!! I need a win! Congratulations!

Barb said...

Now that is a win!!! Congrats!! I wish my husband would sew with me, he does give me advice when I ask and he supports my habit...so I really shouldn't complain.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Good for you guys!!!

Paulette said...

Congrats on your winnings! It looks like some fun stuff!

hueisei said...

Congrats.. So lucky of you!! Enjoy your prize!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...