Friday, January 6, 2012

Hearts and Flowers

It is official I am addicted to this quilting stuff.  I have finished my 2nd rag quilt.  I have called it Hearts and Flowers for lack of a better name.  This quilt is and always will be special.  It was made for Julia Dawn Healey she is my yet to be born little girl. Her due date is March 30, 2012, if she does not kick her way out of her mother first.  She will be my 4th child and is one of the biggest reasons that I started this craze.  I have 2 other quilts that I started for her but for lack of quilting frames they are not yet done.  This is a rag quilt with a pink background and 3 colors of material.  One of which was a semi boring yellow tie dye type material.  My wife loves hearts so she cut some out of the other 2 colors of materials and then we appliqued them to the front of our boring yellow.  It turned out wonderful and at 6 squares wide and 7 long went to gather really fast.  Now if that kid could just get here safely, she will at least have a warm blanket to snuggle with.  In the picture is my 13 year old Rebecca who has a cooking blog that I must suggest every one go check out as she has a million posts and no followers.  http://blog.beccacooks.com/ if you have any time please check it out.  Any way YEA!!! quilt number 2 is now done.  What should I make next. Oh I know its time to make me a quilt.  I am going to make me a lap quilt.  I have 2 pieced quilt tops that I am working on one for my bed and one for Rebecca's both are quite a bit more complicated then the rag quilts so they are going to take me a tad more time to finish.
Linking too
http://piecefullife-elizabeth.blogspot.com/2012/01/little-quilt-mondaydoll-quilt.html

8 comments:

elizabeth said...

What a cheerful quilt for a baby : ) I have made rag quilts before, and they are so soft. Yes, you need to make a quilt for yourself, we sometimes forget to do that! Thank you for linking up to LQM.

Elizabeth said...

Such a pretty quilt! Love the colors!

xo -E

Ali Hughes said...

Super cute! And congrats on your 4th!

Foster said...

I love fringed quilts like this. Very pretty.

Deb said...

You inspired me to make a rag quilt for my daughter!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, rag quilts are so much fun to make!

Unknown said...

I have never made a rag quilt before but this one leaves me wondering. Was it hard?

Angie in SoCal said...

I like these quilts as you can see on my blog. They make up quickly and are perfect for my St. Anne's group of ladies to help put them together.
Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...